Saturday, July 13, 2013

SEED PLANTED, SEED SEWN

 

The Lighthouse Mission in Winnipeg is a ministry that has been close to my heart for a long time. My friend, Sean Goulet has been the director their for the past number of years and is so passionate about seeing Winnipeg's homeless, addicted, underprivileged and less fortunate come to a relationship with Christ. Lighthouse Mission also feeds and clothes the inner city of Winnipeg. They have church services every Friday night along with Bible studies and recovery programs throughout the week.

This is a ministry that Give the Word is a strong partner of and we are committed to supplying Bibles to Lighhouse mission on a regular basis. They have given quite a few testimonies of what making Bibles available has done for their ministry, but their is one story that stands out to me. Recently, I was dropping off a case of Bibles to the front door of their mission. A man was standing in the front and asked what was in the box I was carrying. I replied "Bibles, would you like one?" He said no, I already have my own Bible and it saved my life. He mentioned that he got Bible from lighthouse mission just like the ones that were in the Box I was carrying. He asked if I was the guy that brings the Bibles all the time. He was so thankful for his Bible and for his new relationship with Jesus. It is so amazing to see the fruits of your labour. I will never hear every story for every Bible, but it's those few that I do get that keep me going.

Your support is very needed. As we connect with new ministries every single week, we are constantly made aware of the need for Bibles in our city, province and country. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation and help us to Give the Word, change a life. You support will go along way. Every $5 that is donated, gives a Bible. Every $200 gives a whole case of Bibles away.
Please visit our website at WWW.GIVETHEWORD.CA for more details.








No comments:

Post a Comment