Sunday, July 7, 2013

Opportunities knock when we are equipped



On June 26, I left for a board meeting in Victoria BC and had the opportunity to meet with a handful of churches and ministries in the area as well. I found out that the churches on Vancouver island are crazy about local outreach and have so much passion for seeing their communities come to Christ.
 
In between two of my meetings, I had the opportunity to go on a little boat tour of Cowichan Bay on the island. I notices this little 12 seater tour boat with the captain sitting on deck fixing one of his lights. I asked him if he'd want to take me for a ride. He was more than happy to do so and offered to take me out on the water for about an hour. I ran back to my car to grab a few things...and then the nudge came. Ryan, give this man a Bible please . I thought, great, this is going to be real awkward if he doesn't want this Bible and then I am going to be stuck on the boat by myself with him for an hour. I planned it out so that I would just give it to him right at the end.
 
Things were going great. He was sharing the history of the bay and showing me the sights...and then he had to go and ask me what I do for a living. Great!!! and the nudge came again. Ryan, give him the Bible right now. I put the Bible in my hands and reached out to him and said "I brought a Bible on board with me that I want to give to you". He took it as said, ummmm, I need to tell you that I am actually an agnostic. I chuckled and said, Perfect, and he laughed as well. The cool part was that he starting sharing about his catholic background and we ended up having a real good discussion about faith.
 
I am so thankful that I had a Bible with me that day and I am even more thankful that I listened to the nudge to share my faith with a stranger. I will never know the impact of our conversation and what he ended up doing with his Bible, but that is between him and God now. I did what God asked of me and it felt great.
 
Ryan Rempel
Director
Give the Word
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment